Day 3 – 19th Day of Calistril, 4712
- The Harrowstone Memorial was once again desecrated, this time the letter E was written in blood.
- Father Grimburrow informs the party the acolytes sent to the crypt found nothing.
- Santos and Wolfgar offer to help Grimburrow with duties at the church for the day, garnering trust.
- Morrigan researches the 5 notorious prisoners who died during the Harrowstone Fire of 4661, learning the prisoners names and a wealth of information about the one know as The Splatter Man.
- Sera visits several locations within Ravengro, becoming familiar with the shops and taverns within the main village square.
- While visiting locations within the town, Sera witnesses several girls playing jump rope while reciting the following sing song verses:
Put her body on the bed. Take a knife and lop her head.
Watch the blood come out the pipe. Feeds the stirge, so nice and ripe.
Drops of red so sparkly bright. Splatters spell her name just right.
With a hammer killed his wife. Now he wants to claim your life.
Tricksy father tells a lie. Listen close or you will die.
- While attempting to speak with the children, Sera scares them away. The event is witnessed by a number of townspeople who find the act of scaring children particularly untrustworthy.
- During her time in town, Sera learns the following rumor:
The food at the Laughing Demon isn’t all fun and games—and it’s no coincidence that Zokar serves more corpse chowder after unpopular merchants “leave town,” never to be seen again. If Zokar invites you into the Demon’s back room for a complimentary taste of that evening’s chowder, watch out!
- While traveling back to the Lorrimor house, the party is attacked by a zombie, who they easily defeat. They alert the deputy and track the creatures trail back to a disturbed grave in the Restlands.
- The Sheriff arrives on the scene and the group offers to watch the graveyard for any signs of further undead, an act Benjin finds particularly good willed (gaining trust).
- The group then investigates the crypt discussed in Lorrimor’s journal. The lock was broken and upon entering the crypt the group was attacked by a pair of giant centipedes. They quickly dealt with the threat and found a virtual treasure trove of items for combatting undead.
- Leaving the crypt, Wolfgar notices a nearby grave with the following inscription:
Santos, Paladin of Sarenrae
Come to my world, and be as I; as I am now, soon you will be; embrace your end and witness me.